Marine Spill Response Corporation is a not-for-profit, U.S. Coast Guard Classified Oil Spill Removal Organization. MSRC was formed in 1990 to offer oil spill response services and mitigate damage to the environment. MSRC offers a full range of oil spill response capabilities intended to help meet the planning criteria of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
MSRC is offering an excellent opportunity for an Operational Responder who is ready to start their career with the leader in the oil spill response industry. We are seeking a qualified individual who can perform preventative maintenance, basic corrective maintenance, and provide support in all phases of oil spill response equipment operation, deployment, retrieval, cleaning and storage.
Requirements of the Position
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A Valid Driver’s License
- Demonstrate ability to operate industrial equipment safely
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check, drug screen and pre-hire medical exam
- Must meet all work eligibility requirements
- Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC card, Passport and complete a 40 Hour HAZWOPER training
- Assist in various types of oil spill clean-up activities as needed
- Deploying, retrieving, and processing of boom and sorbent materials
- Develops a basic working knowledge of all equipment that is utilized in performing the work
- Ability to operate equipment in accordance with all policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure safe and productive work experiences
- Complete and submit appropriate paperwork and reports (manually and electronically) as required, including but not limited to: time records, maintenance and safety reports
- Availability to report to the work site location within a 2-hour recall notice and work 14 days or more in the case of an oil spill or weather related activity
- Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during weekends and holidays
- Work effectively in team environment and provide support and assistance.
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned
- Requires standing, lifting up to 45lbs
- Requires the ability to wear the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs and written instructions
- Able to work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry environments
- Ability to perform work in various sea conditions, under all environmental conditions, often wet/oily decks
- USCG Master’s 50T to 100T License
- Class A License
- Small Boat Operations
- Hydraulic and Mechanical aptitude
Job Location: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Full Time
To facilitate process, internal applicants are encouraged to speak with their supervisor and/or their HRA about their interest in, and application for, this position.